Prevent Hyundai iLoad Problems
Preemptive Care for your iLoad and Turbocharger
Hyundai iLoad diesel oil pressure systems have low pressure by default.
At running temperature, pressure is around 14 to 17 Psi which compounds Hyundai iLoad problems.
This is a problem as there are bottlenecks in the turbocharger oil supply system that are prone to blockage.
And a problem with carbon build-up in the oil.
Carbon in the oil comes from incorrect combustion due to injector seat seals as per this article: Hyundai iLoad iMax Turbocharger Problems and Solutions.
Read on how to Prevent Hyundai iLoad Problems…
Excess carbon build-up can be found in the oil feed line, connectors (Banjos), oil sump and sump pick up.
As this restricts flow of an already low pressure oil system, the turbocharger is starved of oil and fails often.
This discussion will focus on ways to prevent oil restriction.
Regular Servicing is key to preventing iLoad problems
Oil service on a very regular basis is required for the Hyundai iLoad and iMax 2.5L diesels.
- Decrease the mileage done between oil & filter services.
- Drop the time between oil & filter services.
- Have services done every 5000 km or so and / or every 6 months (whatever is sooner).
- Fill with a quality fully-synthetic oil and use a quality oil filter.
- Use different oil brands every few services as their cleaning qualities differ.
- Every 2nd service, drop out the oil sump and clean the sump, oil pick-up and filter.
- Every 3rd or 4th service, have the turbocharger oil feed, drain line and associated connectors cleaned.
- Every 4th service or so, have the entire oil system flushed.
Read more about why in general, turbocharger oil is so important.
Hyundai iMax / iLoad Turbocharger problems already – need a Replacement?
When a new turbocharger is installed, it must be installed using Turbocharger Installation Best Practice Techniques.
We supply affordable aftermarket replacement turbochargers to suit: iMax / iLoad / H1 / Starex diesels.
We cover our turbo with double warranty (24 Months) of the original Borg Warner units, at half the price.
AND they come with a Ceramic Housing and Impeller Upgrade.
You can find our cost effective Direct Upgrade Replacement Hyundai 2.5L Diesel Turbos here!.
If you have any other query on matching turbo parts for your vehicle, please feel free to contact our sales support on: 0490 059 316.